Thank you to everyone who joined us for this special day! Stay tuned for event photos.
Special thank you’s to the following supporters:
- Volunteers, intern, and staff support
- Office of Globalization and Mayor Greg Fischer’s Office
- Photography: Nolan Husley, Portia Watson, Danny Adan, and Megan Resch
- Food & Drink: Zainab Al Radhee, Al Furat Restaurant, Mi Sueno Restaurant, ValuMarket, Pure Tap – Louisville Water Company, and Safai Coffee
- Bouncy houses: St. Francis Assisi School
- Henna tattoos: Mufida Al Haloqui
- Face painting: Sue Maudlin & balloon animal volunteers
- Music support: Fred Bogert and Jared Zarantonello
- Kentucky Yoga Initiative
- Interfaith Paths for Peace
- Americana World Community Center for sharing tents
- YMCA of Greater Louisville – Downtown Branch
- Brown Fellows
- Metro Parks
- And so many more!
World Refugee Day is celebrated internationally each year on June 20. As the UN Refugee Agency states, on June 20, “The world commemorates the strength, courage, and resilience of millions of refugees.”
Join the KRM family as we celebrate each other and our newest Louisville neighbors on World Refugee Day.
***This is a free KRM event. No RSVP is required. ***
Who / Where / When
The whole KRM family! KRM staff, interpreters, students from our ESL program, Family Center, and Elder program. Old & new KRM friends: co-sponsors, volunteers, supporters, and community partners.
Tyler Park in Louisville, Kentucky. The address is 1501 Castlewood Ave, Louisville, Kentucky 40204.
Tuesday, June 20 from 11:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. Are you working that day? We hope you can come by during lunch!
A buffet-style lunch will be available to KRM students and community guests. If you would like to contribute, you are invited to bring an item of your choice. (No pork, please.) Bringing an item is not required to join us.
For any guests who are fasting during Ramadan, there will be take-home Iraqi food available to you.
Dance or relax to some music in the park. We’ll have an open mic time for KRM participants and guests to showcase their talent. Stay tuned for updates on musical guests.
Fun & Games
Bring the kids to enjoy fun in the park – face painting, soccer, balloon animals, dancing lessons, and more.
What to bring
Yourself, your friends, & family. Your potluck dish is welcome but not required! Outdoor chairs & blankets are encouraged, because there will be limited seating.
World Refugee Day is a KRM event celebrating our students, staff, co-sponsors, volunteers, and community partners. We are grateful for you!
A special thank you to the following partners who are helping to prepare this event: Fred Bogert and Jared Zarantonello for music support, Megan Resch for family portraits for KRM participants, and our growing team of volunteers!