Protect our work welcoming refugees to Kentucky.
Be a KRM Partner and support our annual fundraising campaign.
What is a co-sponsor?
Co-sponsors are an organized group of volunteers from the community who support one refugee family through a formalized, three-month welcoming program. They may be groups from a specific faith community, a mosque, a Rotary Club, a local business, or more.
What is the goal of a co-sponsorship?
To assist KRM in welcoming a refugee family and empowering them to rebuild their lives in a new home.
What do co-sponsors do?
Co-sponsors show their support for one new refugee family in various ways, such as:
- Serve as guides, advocates, and friends to a new refugee family
- Make a financial commitment of $2,500 for assistance to the family
- Gather household goods and furniture to prepare for a new family’s arrival
- Join KRM at the airport arrival to welcome the new family
- Visit the new family during their first three months in the U.S.
- Assist with transportation and caretaking when available
- Learn about and honor their cultural background and share your heritage in return
- Ensure that the family’s religious beliefs are honored without intention of conversion
- And more!
Thank you to the following co-sponsors from 2015 and 2016:
- American Turkish Friendship Association
- Beargrass Christian Church
- Bosniak-American Islamic Center
- Buechel United Methodist Church
- Crescent Hill Baptist Church
- Crescent Hill Presbyterian Church
- Christ Church Episcopal
- Christ Church UMC
- Covenant Community
- Deer Park Baptist
- Delta Sigma Theta Louisville Alumnae Chapter
- Douglass Boulevard Christian Church
- Edwardsville United Methodist Church
- First Presbyterian Church Shelbyville
- First Unitarian
- Grace Immanuel United Church of Christ
- Highland Baptist Church
- Highland Presbyterian
- Highland Vineyard Church
- Highview Baptist
- Immanuel Baptist Church
- Immanuel United Church of Christ
- Innovations in Peacemaking International
- Jewish Community of Louisville
- Mama’s Hip
- Middle-Eastern North African Young Professionals (MENA)
- Middletown Christian Church
- Our Savior Lutheran
- Pakistani American Alliance for Compassion and Education
- Project Downtown/Islamic Cultural Center
- Prospect Rotary Club
- Somali Community of Louisville/Somali Youth of Louisville
- Springdale Presbyterian
- St. Agnes Catholic Church
- St. Paul United Methodist Church
- St. Stephen UCC
- St. Williams
- Students for Syria/Muslim Community Center
- The Loft
- Thomas Jefferson Unitarian
- Asbury Seminary (Wilmore, KY)
- Centenary United Methodist
- Crestwood Christian Church (DOC)
- First Alliance Church
- First Christian Church (Georgetown, KY)
- Midway Baptist Church
- Open Door Church
- Resurrection Episcopal
- St. Michael’s Episcopal Church
- Temple Adath Israel
- Walnut Hill Church
- Woodland Christian Church (DOC)