Join the journey.
Become a KRM Partner today.
What is a co-sponsor?
Co-sponsors are an organized group of volunteers from the community who support one family through a formalized welcoming program that lasts approximately four to six months. They may be groups from a specific faith community, a mosque, a Rotary Club, a local business, or more.
What is the goal of a co-sponsorship?
To assist KRM in welcoming a refugee family and empowering them to rebuild their lives in a new home.
What do co-sponsors do?
Co-sponsors show their support for one new refugee family in various ways, such as:
- Serve as guides, advocates, and friends to a new refugee family
- Make a financial commitment of $2,500 for assistance to the family
- Gather household goods and furniture to prepare for a new family’s arrival
- Join KRM at the airport arrival to welcome the new family
- Visit the new family during their first three months in the U.S.
- Assist with transportation and caretaking when available
- Learn about and honor their cultural background and share your heritage in return
- Ensure that the family’s religious beliefs are honored without intention of conversion
- And more!
Thank you to these recent co-sponsor partners:
- Adath Jeshurun Congregation
- All Peoples Unitarian
- Anchorage Presbyterian Church
- Baha”i Community
- Beulah Presbyterian Church
- Bosniak American Islamic Center of Louisville
- Christ Church Cathedral
- Christ Church UMC
- Crescent Hill Baptist Church
- Crossroads Christian Church
- Day Light Church
- Deer Park Baptist Church
- First Christian Church- Shelbyville
- First Presbyterian Church- Jeffersonville Indiana
- First Presbyterian Church- Shelbyville
- First Unitarian Church
- God’s Girls Inc.
- Harvey Brown Presbyterian Church
- Highland Baptist Church
- Highland Presbyterian Church
- Highview Baptist Church
- Hillcrest Baptist Church
- Humana Inc.
- Jeffersontown Christian Church
- Keneseth Israel Congregation
- Louisville Community Group
- Louisville East Lions Club
- Louisville Family & Friends
- Lyndon Baptist Church
- Middletown Christian Church
- Muslim American for Compassion (MAC)
- New Life Church
- Northeast Christian Church
- Presbyterian Church (USA)
- River Road Mosque
- Second Presbyterian Church
- Southeast Christian Church
- Springdale Presbyterian Church
- St. Andrew’s Episcopal
- St. Francis in the Field
- St. John Lutheran Church
- St. Luke’s Episcopal Church
- St. Matthew’s Baptist Church
- St. Matthew’s Episcopal Church
- St. Matthew’s Home Group
- St. Paul UMC
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- The Elderberry CO.
- Temple Shalom
- The Temple
- Watkins UMC
- Yum Brand Inc/KFC.
- African Student Association of University of Kentucky
- Amnesty International of University of Kentucky
- Asbury Seminary (Wilmore)
- Centenary United Methodist
- Centre College (Danville)
- Crestwood Christian Church (DOC)
- Faith Lutheran Church
- First Alliance Church
- First Christian Church (Danville)
- First Christian Church (Georgetown)
- Grace Presbyterian Church (Danville)
- KIVU Association
- KRM Lexington Advisory Board
- Maxwell Street Presbyterian Church (PCUSA)
- Midway Baptist Church
- Ohavay Zion Synagogue
- Open Door Church
- Pisgah Presbyterian Church (PCUSA, Versailles)
- Presbyterian Church USA (Danville)
- Resurrection Episcopal
- Sociologists for Women in Society – Bluegrass
- Southern Heights Neighborhood Group
- St. Luke UMC/Swahili Speaking Congregation
- St. Michael’s Episcopal Church
- Temple Adath Israel
- Twin Pines Christian Church (DOC)
- Walnut Hill Church
- Woodland Christian Church (DOC)
A Collaboration in Caring
Thank you to Doe-Anderson for crafting this video to share their experiences of co-sponsorship.
To inquire about co-sponsoring, please contact us!
KRM northern kentucky