Join the journey.
Become a KRM Partner today.
Winter 2021-22 Updates
How you can give
- Louisville Office: KRM Louisville schedules all drop-offs and pick-ups. Unscheduled drop-offs are not accepted. To schedule, please click the “Submit a Donation Inquiry” below.
- Lexington Office: KRM Lexington accepts unscheduled drop-offs of household items but not furniture. Click “Submit a Donation Inquiry” below to donate furniture.
- Northern Kentucky Office: KRM’s Northern Kentucky office is open and will be accepting donations soon! Please check back for updated information. For any donation inquiries requiring immediate assistance, please contact KRM Northern Kentucky’s Community Resources Coordinator, Kelsi Sievering or call (859) 547-5571.
winter coat drive
Note: The Fall/Winter 2021 Louisville coat drive has NOW ENDED. KRM Louisville has exceeded the capacity to receive any additional coats or winter items. Thank you for your generous giving!
Resuming in Fall 2022, KRM will be collecting donations of new or gently-used winter coats/jackets, scarves, hats, and gloves/mittens for refugee and immigrant families. All sizes and styles welcome.
- Louisville: This year, we ask that everyone schedules your drop-off donations, which will need to be delivered to KRM’s warehouse. Please do not visit KRM’s Louisville office. This will help us keep everyone safer during the pandemic and help our donations team with organizing items. Thank you for understanding! To schedule your coat drop-off and to receive the appropriate address, please contact KRM Donations Coordinator Jamilee Vail at firstname.lastname@example.org or (502) 479-9180 x 523.
- Lexington: Drop-offs are now welcome at KRM Lexington’s office, 501 West 6th St, Suite 250, Lexington, Kentucky 40508, Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Items KRM Accepts
- Bed linens: blankets, sheets, pillow cases (each set bagged and labeled by size)
- Towels: bath and kitchen
- Alarm clocks
- Pots and pans (stovetop) – Lexington only
- Baking sheets
- Dishes (plates and bowls)
- Mixing bowls – Lexington only
- Small kitchen appliances
- Can openers
- Cleaning supplies
- Paper towels
- Toilet paper
- Laundry detergent
- Shower curtains and rings
- Toiletries (deodorant, soap, shampoo, conditioner, razors, lotion, menstrual products, etc.)
- Small wallets – Louisville only
- Sofas (NOT needed: futons, sleepers, sectionals, and recliner sofas)
- Living room chairs
- Coffee tables
- End tables
- Kitchen tables
- Kitchen chairs
- Washers and electric dryers
- KRM does not accept beds, frames, or mattresses
seasonal & MISCELLANEOUS
- Winter coats/jackets
- Gloves and mittens
- Warm hats
- Bicycle locks, lights, and/or helmets
- KRM does not accept clothing donations from individuals (except for seasonal winter coats drives)
school supply drive 2021
- Amazon Wish List – Louisville
- Amazon Wish List – Lexington
- Folders with pockets
- Notebooks (wide and college ruled)
- Packages of loose-leaf paper (wide and college ruled)
- #2 pencils
- Small pencil sharpeners
- Colored pencils
- Scissors (blunt point for young children)
- Glue sticks
- 3 ring binders
- Ballpoint pens (not red ink)
- Cap erasers
- Reusable Masks
- Small bottles of Clip-on hand sanitizer
Please note: KRM offices can only pick up in their respective areas. Lexington staff cannot deliver furniture to the Louisville or Northern Kentucky offices or vice versa.
Bicycles (Louisville only)
Bikes can make a vital impact on a refugee’s life, sometimes making the difference in whether or not they can travel to a new job. KRM partners with Beargrass Christian Church’s Pedal Power Project in Louisville, Kentucky, to provide bicycles to refugees. Pedal Power Project accepts used bicycles and can refurbish them when necessary. Bicycles for kids and adults are both welcome! To donate your bicycle, call Beargrass Christian Church at (502) 896-1161.
Your donated vehicle can help a family access after school programs or new employment opportunities. Please note: KRM does not accept any vehicle manufactured more than 15 years ago or that has more than 150,000 miles on the odometer. Learn more in this Vehicle Donation Form.