Join the journey.
Become a KRM Partner today.
Winter Coat Drive 2020: KRM is now accepting donations of winter coats and accessories (hats, gloves, scarves, etc.). Due to COVID-19, please email to schedule an appointment to drop off your items or arrange a pickup.
Lexington: Jennie Keller, firstname.lastname@example.org
Louisville: No longer collecting coats
All other in-kind donation pickups and drop-offs are limited due to the pandemic. You may submit a notice below to inquire. Please do not come to the KRM offices without a prior conversation with a donations coordinator. This coordination helps keep everyone safe during the pandemic. Thank you for understanding!
- Bed linens: blankets, sheets, pillow cases (each set bagged and labeled by size)
- Towels: bath and kitchen – Louisville only
- Alarm clocks
- Cookware (e.g., pots and pans)
- Mixing bowls – Lexington only
- Small kitchen appliances
- Can openers
- Cleaning supplies
- Laundry detergent
- Shower curtains and rings
- Toiletries (deodorant, soap, shampoo, conditioner, razors, lotion, menstrual products, etc.)
- Small wallets – Louisville only
- Sofas (futons, sleepers, and recliners not needed)
- Living room chairs
- Coffee tables
- End tables
- Kitchen tables
- Kitchen chairs
- Washers and electric dryers
seasonal & MISCELLANEOUS
- Winter coats/jackets
- Gloves and mittens
- Warm hats
- Bicycle locks, lights, and/or helmets
- KRM does NOT receive clothing donations (except for seasonal winter coats drives)
Please note: KRM offices can only pick up in their respective areas. Lexington staff cannot deliver furniture to the Louisville office or vice versa.
Bicycles (Louisville only)
Bikes can make a vital impact on a refugee’s life, sometimes making the difference in whether or not they can travel to a new job. KRM partners with Beargrass Christian Church’s Pedal Power Project in Louisville, Kentucky, to provide bicycles to refugees. Pedal Power Project accepts used bicycles and can refurbish them when necessary. Bicycles for kids and adults are both welcome! To donate your bicycle, call Beargrass Christian Church at (502) 896-1161.
Your donated vehicle can help a family access after school programs or new employment opportunities. Please note: KRM does not accept any vehicle manufactured more than 15 years ago or that has more than 150,000 miles on the odometer. Learn more in this Vehicle Donation Form.