Join the journey.
Become a KRM Partner today.
Become one of the hundreds of Kentuckians working to welcome refugees to their new home. You can make a world of difference in the lives of new Americans by sharing your time and talents. Due to Covid-19, some volunteer opportunities are suspended. Join us at a virtual session to learn more about how you can stay engaged.
We offer monthly virtual orientations for those who want to begin the volunteer process and learn more about KRM’s available volunteering options. We also hold monthly virtual info sessions for anyone interested in learning more about the resettlement process, KRM’s services, and ways to get involved. This is a great opportunity to expand your knowledge of refugee resettlement, gain cultural awareness resources, stay updated with our current programming, and ask questions.
WHO CAN VOLUNTEER?
- Individuals or groups (such as companies, faith groups, school groups, etc).
- Anyone ages 16+ can volunteer directly with refugee clients. Anyone ages 13+ can volunteer in other capacities.
What is the Time Commitment?
KRM opportunities range, and we work with your schedule to find something that is a good fit for you. Some volunteers participate in one-time activities while others commit to a three-month program. We are lucky and proud to share that our volunteers stay with KRM for years!
Becoming a Volunteer
- At this time, volunteer onboarding at KRM Louisville has been put on-pause. We’re excited to devote some time to developing and bettering our volunteer program. Thank you for your interest in getting involved. Please check back later in the Fall of 2022, when we will be accepting new volunteers. Happen to be a student interested in getting involved? Consider checking out KRM’s Internships, we are actively recruiting!
- Attend an information session. KRM Louisville hosts virtual sessions the first Wednesday of each month at 5:30 pm for an opportunity to learn more about refugee resettlement and ways to get involved. Sign up here.
- Review the current volunteer opportunities.
- Attend an information session. KRM Lexington hosts one-hour virtual informational sessions the first Tuesday and Wednesday of each month. These are offered at 6pm and 12pm.
- Attend a volunteer orientation. KRM Lexington hosts a 90-minute orientation on the second Tuesday of each month at 6pm or as needed.
- Submit a volunteer application.
- Submit a background check.
- Submit proof of COVID vaccination
- The newly opened Northern Kentucky office is now seeking volunteers!
- For current volunteer opportunities and inquiries, please contact KRM Northern Kentucky’s Community Resources Coordinator, Kelsi Sievering. Additional details for contact are located below.
- Attend an Information and Volunteer Orientation. KRM Northern Kentucky hosts 90-minute virtual sessions the first Wednesday of each month at 5:30 pm. Sign up here.
- Submit an application.
- Submit a background check.
- Submit proof of COVID vaccination.
Questions? Here’s who to contact:
Volunteer & Development VISTA
(502) 479-9180 x 585
KRM Northern kentucky
Community Resources Coordinator