Join the journey.
Become a KRM Partner today.
COVID-19 Update: Monthly virtual orientations have resumed with KRM Louisville in October 2020, however only select volunteer opportunities are available. In-person volunteer orientations are temporarily suspended as part of KRM’s response to COVID-19.
Become a part of the over 600 caring Kentuckians working to welcome refugees to their new Kentucky home.
You can make a world of difference in the lives of new Americans by sharing your time and talents. Volunteers play an integral role in the refugee resettlement process here at Kentucky Refugee Ministries, and we strive to ensure our relationship with our volunteers is a mutually beneficial one. We hope you gain as much from the experience as our clients do.
WHO CAN VOLUNTEER?
- Individuals or groups (such as companies, faith groups, school groups, etc).
- Anyone ages 16+ can volunteer directly with refugee clients. Anyone ages 13+ can volunteer in other capacities.
What is the Time Commitment?
KRM opportunities range, and we work with your schedule to find something that is a good fit for you. Some volunteers participate in one-time activities while others commit to a three-month program. We are lucky and proud to share that our volunteers stay with KRM for years!
If you are interested in an official internship, please see our career page for internship opportunities.
Steps to Becoming a Volunteer:
These steps can be completed in any order. For example, you do not need to submit an application before attending an orientation.
- Review the volunteer opportunities: Louisville│Lexington
- Review and complete a volunteer application: Louisville │ Lexington
- Attend a Volunteer Orientation: Both KRM Louisville and Lexington offices hold orientations the first Wednesday of each month at 5:30 p.m.
- Submit a Background Check