Become a part of the over 600 caring Kentuckians working to welcome refugees to their new Kentucky home.
You can make a world of difference in the lives of new Americans by sharing your time and talents. Volunteers play an integral role in the refugee resettlement process here at Kentucky Refugee Ministries, and we strive to ensure our relationship with our volunteers is a mutually beneficial one. We hope you gain as much from the experience as our clients do.
Who Can Volunteer?
- Individuals or groups (such as companies, faith groups, school groups, etc).
- Anyone ages 16+ can volunteer directly with refugee clients. Anyone ages 13+ can volunteer in other capacities.
What is the Time Commitment?
KRM opportunities range, and we work with your schedule to find something that is a good fit for you. Some volunteers participate in one-time activities while others commit to a three-month program. We are lucky and proud to share that our volunteers stay with KRM for years!
If you are interested in an official internship, please see our career page for internship opportunities.
Steps to Becoming a Volunteer:
- Review and complete volunteer opportunities: Louisville / Lexington
- Review and complete a volunteer application: Louisville / Lexington
- Attend a Volunteer Orientation
- Louisville: 1st Wednesday of each month, 5:30 p.m. at KRM
- Lexington: Last Tuesday of each month, 5pm at KRM
- Submit a Background Check
Questions? Here’s who to contact:
KRM Louisville Volunteer Coordinator
(502) 479-9180 x 544
KRM Lexington Volunteer Coordinator
If you are already a volunteer, you can submit your hours online.