Join the journey.
Become a KRM Partner today.
Become a part of the over 600 caring Kentuckians working to welcome refugees to their new Kentucky home.
You can make a world of difference in the lives of new Americans by sharing your time and talents. Volunteers play an integral role in the refugee resettlement process here at Kentucky Refugee Ministries, and we strive to ensure our relationship with our volunteers is a mutually beneficial one. We hope you gain as much from the experience as our clients do.
lexington announcement, february 2019:
The KRM Lexington office has temporarily paused new volunteer applications. Thank you to everyone who has recently applied! Please stay tuned for updates in the spring. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
WHO CAN VOLUNTEER?
- Individuals or groups (such as companies, faith groups, school groups, etc).
- Anyone ages 16+ can volunteer directly with refugee clients. Anyone ages 13+ can volunteer in other capacities.
What is the Time Commitment?
KRM opportunities range, and we work with your schedule to find something that is a good fit for you. Some volunteers participate in one-time activities while others commit to a three-month program. We are lucky and proud to share that our volunteers stay with KRM for years!
If you are interested in an official internship, please see our career page for internship opportunities.
Steps to Becoming a Volunteer:
- Review the volunteer opportunities: Louisville
- Review and complete a volunteer application: Louisville
- Attend a Volunteer Orientation: Both KRM Louisville and Lexington offices hold orientations the first Wednesday of each month at 5:30 p.m. Please note: the Lexington office has temporarily paused new applications.
- Submit a Background Check