Give For Good Louisville, the biggest day of local giving, returns on Thursday, September 12th. From 12:00 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. on that day, you can support KRM by donating online through this Community Foundation of Louisville event. Over 500 area nonprofit agencies are participating in this community-wide effort!
How can you get involved? All donations to support KRM on Give For Good Louisville must be made through KRM’s Give For Good Louisville profile. Please note that this is a different online donation portal than the one KRM houses on this website. By giving through this format, you help KRM become eligible for additional bonus money from event sponsors.
Be a Champion as a Peer-to-Peer Fundraiser
You can increase your impact on services to newcomers as a peer fundraiser.
The Give For Good Louisville portal allows supporters to create their own fundraising pages, set your own fundraising goal, and share this page with your friends and family. Why does peer fundraising matter? According to the Community Foundation of Louisville, organizations that utilize peer-to-peer fundraising have raised 300% more, on average, than those organizations who have not.
By making your own fundraising page, you can share why you care about refugees and immigrants. Why are you passionate about this work and about KRM? Are you a teacher who has English language learners in your classroom? Did your child volunteer with KRM and share this joyful experience with you? Have you co-sponsored a family with your faith community or employer? Does your business hire refugees and immigrants? Are a Kentuckian living in another state who is proud to call Kentucky home and wants Kentucky to be home for refugees, too?
No matter why you care or how much you can personally donate on September 12th, you can make an impact by getting others involved. Learn how to set up your peer-to-peer fundraising page with these step-by-step instructions.
If you have questions about peer-to-peer fundraising or need assistance setting up your page, contact Christine Gosney, Grants and Communications Manager, by email or at (502) 479-9180 ext. 553.
KRM’s Goals for September 12th
- Connect with 180 donors. In 2018, 172 people supported KRM’s mission through Give For Good Louisville by helping to raise $40,875. We can’t wait to see what you can accomplish this year.
- Grow the network with peer fundraisers. We have been heartened by the supporters who make this work possible. By sharing our stories with each other on September 12th, we can grow our impact on KRM’s services — and on the people we serve.
Your Gift Creates Home
In 2018, this is what KRM Partners made possible across Kentucky:
- Resettled 590 people, 41% who are children under the age of 18
- Served 274 adults in English as a Second Language (ESL) class and 40 parents and 55 children at the Family Center
- Enrolled 323 children in Jefferson County Public School and Fayette County Public School
- Created summer programming for 222 youth
- Supported 65 elders in their education and integration efforts
- Served 87 students with college and career readiness and enrolled 32 students in GED or higher education programs
- Taught 151 students driver’s education and 259 students citizenship preparation
- Partnered with 224 employers to create 765 full- and part-time job placements with an average hourly starting wage of $11.63 and a 90-day retention rate of 89%
- Collaborated with 24 co-sponsor teams and 617 active volunteers who volunteered 27,536 hours of their time
- Contracted 250 interpreters to offer 50 languages to 85 business partners
- Provided immigration legal services for 85 humanitarian cases (e.g., asylum, unaccompanied minors, Deferred Action for Child Arrivals), 138 family reunification cases, 818 permanent residency cases, and 580 citizenship cases.
Learn more through Frequently Asked Questions
Want to know more about the Community Foundation of Louisville’s Give For Good Louisville event? Visit their Frequently Asked Question.