Join the journey.
Become a KRM Partner today.
Be a Part of the Team
You can be a part of the local humanitarian response to a global refugee crisis. KRM operates out of Louisville, Lexington, and Northern Kentucky.
In total, KRM has a staff of 70 full- and part-time employees, with approximately 50 staff members in Louisville and 20 staff members in Lexington. Refugees resettled through KRM receive ongoing assistance as they create new homes in Kentucky. Learn more about KRM and our services. All applicants are encouraged to review the website and read the Frequently Asked Questions.
KRM offers employees:
- A fast-paced, team-oriented work environment
- Comprehensive benefits, as eligible
- Daily opportunities to engage with and learn from colleagues and refugee clients from all over the world
- Opportunities to use your multilingual skills with clients and community partners
- The chance to work as part of Kentucky’s local, humanitarian response to the global refugee crisis
KRM is an equal opportunity employer and 501(c)(3) non-profit charitable organization. We encourage applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or sexual orientation, and evaluate all candidates based on merit.
Each open position will have a detailed job description with application instructions included. Please see below for any current openings.
Volunteer and Events VISTA (full-time, employed by AmeriCorps)
The Volunteer Events VISTA is a full-time opportunity through the Corporation for National Community Service’s AmeriCorps VISTA program. Kentucky Refugee Ministries (KRM) serves as the site placement for this paid, one-year service opportunity. The goal of this VISTA position is to build KRM’s ability to ensure refugee newcomers in the Louisville Metro Area receive the services and support they need by sustaining and growing 1) volunteer engagement and retention and 2) community engagement through volunteer management at events.
Interested applicants should read the full job description and complete a two-part application process described in the job description.
There are no openings posted at this time.
Interning at KRM offers you a career head start. Learn about refugee resettlement and gain practical nonprofit experience.
- Internship applications are now being accepted for Spring and Summer 2019
- Minimum requirements: 8 hours per week, at least 8 weeks, and at least 80 hours total
- Review the KRM Louisville intern opportunities before applying
- Submit a completed Intern Application, resume, cover letter, and background check, to Adrienne Eisenmenger
- Complete interview
- Attend Volunteer Orientation prior to start date