Join the journey.
Give today and be a KRM Partner.
Be a Part of Our Team
KRM has a staff of 70 full- and part-time employees, with approximately 50 staff members in Louisville and 20 staff members in Lexington. Refugees resettled through KRM receive ongoing assistance as they create new homes in Kentucky. Learn more about KRM and our services.
KRM offers employees:
- A fast-paced, team-oriented work environment
- Comprehensive benefits, as eligible
- Daily opportunities to engage with and learn from colleagues and refugee clients from all over the world
- Opportunities to use your multilingual skills with clients and community partners
- The chance to work as part of Kentucky’s local, humanitarian response to the global refugee crisis
KRM is an equal opportunity employer and 501(c)(3) non-profit charitable organization. We encourage applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or sexual orientation, and evaluate all candidates based on merit.
AmeriCorps VISTA Cultural Exchange and Mentoring Coordinator (full-time)
KRM seeks a full-time, year-long volunteer through the AmeriCorps VISTA program. The primary goal for the third year of the VISTA project is to continue to refine and grow the cultural exchange and mentoring programming for refugees in need of social support and to work with agency staff to ensure that the mentor programs will remain sustainable after the VISTA volunteer’s term is completed. The projected service dates are November 1, 2017, through October 31, 2018. The position is contingent on acceptance into the AmeriCorps VISTA program, and the service start date is dependent on the AmeriCorps VISTA’s Pre-Service Orientation dates for new VISTA members.
Applicants must apply to both AmeriCorps VISTA and to KRM. Review the full job description and submit a résumé and cover letter by email to Adrienne Eisenmenger, Family & Youth Services Manager/Program Leader, by September 17, 2017.
No job openings at this moment.
Interning at KRM offers you a career head start. Learn about refugee resettlement and gain practical nonprofit experience.
- Internship applications are now being accepted for Winter/Spring 2018
- Minimum requirements: 8 hours per week, at least 6 weeks, and at least 80 hours total
- Review the KRM Louisville intern opportunities before applying
- Submit a completed Intern Application, resume, cover letter, and background check, to Adrienne Eisenmenger.
- Complete interview
- Attend Volunteer Orientation prior to start date