Protect our work welcoming refugees to Kentucky.
Be a KRM Partner and support our annual fundraising campaign.
Be a Part of Our Team
KRM has a staff of 70 full- and part-time employees, with approximately 50 staff members in Louisville and 20 staff members in Lexington. Refugees resettled through KRM receive ongoing assistance as they create new homes in Kentucky. Learn more about KRM and our services.
KRM offers employees:
- A fast-paced, team-oriented work environment
- Comprehensive benefits, as eligible
- Daily opportunities to engage with and learn from colleagues and refugee clients from all over the world
- Opportunities to use your multilingual skills with clients and community partners
- The chance to work as part of Kentucky’s local, humanitarian response to the global refugee crisis
KRM is an equal opportunity employer and 501(c)(3) non-profit charitable organization. We encourage applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or sexual orientation, and evaluate all candidates based on merit.
Immigration Attorney (full-time)
Immigration Legal Services handles a variety of immigration cases including and not limited to: family based immigrant visa petitions, consular processing, citizenship, refugee based adjustment of status cases, Cuban Adjustment Act (“CAA”) based adjustment of status cases, processing of CAA based Employment Authorization Documents (“EAD”), marriage based adjustment of status cases, representation in removal proceedings, affirmative as well as defensive asylum applications, Special Immigrant Juvenile Status cases, U visas, VAWA cases, and other immigration legal matters with a focus on humanitarian cases.
Review the job description and submit a résumé, cover letter, and legal writing sample by email to John Koehlinger, Executive Director, and copy Sarah Mills, Immigration Attorney, by November 20, 2017.
AmeriCorps VISTA Cultural Exchange and Mentoring Coordinator (full-time)
KRM seeks a full-time, year-long volunteer through the AmeriCorps VISTA program. The primary goal for the third year of the VISTA project is to continue to refine and grow the cultural exchange and mentoring programming for refugees in need of social support and to work with agency staff to ensure that the mentor programs will remain sustainable after the VISTA volunteer’s term is completed. This position is contingent upon the applicant being able to commit and accept the AmeriCorps VISTA position by January 5, 2018, as well as attend the AmeriCorps VISTA Pre-service Orientation (PSO), tentatively scheduled for February 20-23, 2018. Based on this timeline, the applicant should be ready to start at KRM on February 24, 2018.
Applicants must apply to both AmeriCorps VISTA and to KRM. Review the full job description and submit a résumé and cover letter by email to Adrienne Eisenmenger, Family & Youth Services Manager/Program Leader, by December 13, 2017.
No job openings at this moment.
Interning at KRM offers you a career head start. Learn about refugee resettlement and gain practical nonprofit experience.
- Internship applications are now being accepted for Winter/Spring 2018
- Minimum requirements: 8 hours per week, at least 6 weeks, and at least 80 hours total
- Review the KRM Louisville intern opportunities before applying
- Submit a completed Intern Application, resume, cover letter, and background check, to Adrienne Eisenmenger.
- Complete interview
- Attend Volunteer Orientation prior to start date