From December 1st through 7th, KRM Lexington is participating in an online fundraiser that will grow our impact on the lives of refugees and immigrants in Central Kentucky. The GoodGiving Challenge is a week-long online giving challenge for local nonprofits hosted by Blue Grass Community Foundation and Smiley Pete Publishing.
View a special video shared by the Blue Grass Community Foundation that highlights KRM Lexington’s work in our community. Below is also a special note from the KRM Lexington team on how you can get involved!
A message from KRM Lexington
KRM community members, donors, and volunteers,
Thank you. Thank you for being there and showing up in all the ways you do for KRM and our clients. 2020 has been an extremely difficult year, and honestly the last four years has been nearly devastating to the entire U.S. refugee resettlement structure. However, there appears to be a light at the end of the tunnel. New vaccines seem imminent. We just need to be patient and diligent until they can be widely distributed. The new incoming administration has pledged to increase the refugee ceiling from its current historic low of 15,000 up to 125,000. This is incredible! That is more than 100,000 brothers and sisters, moms and dads, children, cousins, friends finally being reunited in safety and security. It literally means life for these people. It means opportunities for generations to come to be a part of this grand experiment of freedom.
Thank you for those donations of winter coats. Thank you for the masks you made for clients by hand. Thank you for tutoring a family for English and conversation. Thank you for donating that couch and for helping to set up that apartment for a new arrival. Thank you for bringing together your religious or other community group to be a Co-Sponsor for a family. Thank you for donating your used car, so a client can get their drivers’ license. Thank for that small financial contribution every month that adds up to a whole lot by the end of the year. Thank you for learning about KRM and our clients, and thank you for sharing that understanding with others.
We have so much to be thankful for, but mostly we are thankful for you.
On Tuesday, December 1, it is Giving Tuesday and the start of the GoodGiving Challenge. The GoodGiving Challenge is an online giving campaign designed to engage the entire community and to make charitable giving easy and fun. This year is the tenth year of the challenge.
There are lots of ways for supporters of KRM – like you! – to donate or support our organization this week:
- TUESDAY, DECEMBER 1, 9am-9pm: 50% match on donations up to $250.
- WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 2, 9am-9pm: 100% ($1 for $1) match on donations up to $50.
- THURSDAY, DECEMBER 3, 9am-9pm: if KRM gets $25 donations from at least 50 unique donors, we can win a $5,000 endowment prize. This is a great opportunity for us, so if you can help, please do so on this day!
- FRIDAY, DECEMBER 4, 10am-11am: Donations of up to $100 will be matched at 100%. Also from 10am-10pm: Unique donations of $10 are entered in a drawing for a $1,000 prize.
- SATURDAY, DECEMBER 5 – SUNDAY, DECEMBER 6: Please keep donating if you can.
- MONDAY, DECEMBER 7, 9am-11:59pm: Donations of up to $500 will be matched by 50%.
- DAILY: Social Media Sweepstakes. Each day of the Challenge, we’ll make a special post on one of our social media channels. Simply “like” and “follow” Blue Grass Community Foundation on Facebook and Instagram and follow the directions in our daily posts to win Giving Cards and other prizes! No donation is necessary to be eligible.
Where do you give? Go to KRM’s profile page on the GoodGiving site to give starting at 9am on Tuesday, December 1. This is the only way to give and to have your donation matched during the Good Giving Challenge week.
Thank you again!