Join the journey.
Become a KRM Partner today.
KRM houses a victims’ advocacy program fully funded by the Victims of Crime Act through the Kentucky Justice & Public Safety Cabinet. Refugees, asylees, SIV’s and anyone, regardless of legal status, with limited English proficiency (LEP) who needs services regarding a crime committed against them in the United States is eligible for our advocacy services. Potential clients need not be registered with KRM’s refugee resettlement program, and services are provided throughout Kentucky, with main offices located in Louisville and Lexington. Interpretation is always provided free of cost and with consent from referral.
Services include but may not be limited to:
- Information on the criminal justice process and Kentucky victims’ rights
- Victim advocacy/accompaniment in obtaining emergency care
- Law enforcement interviews
- Emergency protective orders
- Prosecution interviews
- Assistance with obtaining state benefits, housing, immigration assistance, and employment referrals